If you really want something not too sugary, not too concentrated, and not too much of a hassle to make, you’ve come to the right place.
This is an altered family recipe. And like all things I make, it’s not too complicated.
Inspired by: Mom
Recipe found: myself (altered from family recipe)
My friends say: “This is really good”. “This is the best hot chocolate I’ve ever had.”
I find this goes with: winter time, after a savory meal, and when you have non-coffee drinkers around.
Serving size: 1
Can be: dessert, rainy/snowy-day treat
- Grab desired mug, and put in 2 tbls cocoa powder. Add a mug-worth of milk (don’t fill all the way up!).
- Heat in microwave for 1 min, or warm on stovetop in a pan.
- Once warm, stir, then add 1 1/2- 2 tbls of sugar (for a more chocolate-y flavor). Stir until mixed, and continue to heat for another 30 seconds.
- Let cool, then add 1 tsp vanilla extract (can be imitation) and a handful of marshmallows.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top, or stir together for a richer flavor. Note: I like a lot of cinnamon, but maybe just go 1/2 tsp by 1/2 tsp.