Quick post ahead!
Source: inspired by Sauteed Sweet Plantains (Tajaditas Dulces de Platano) Recipe. I say inspired, since I think a while back when I searched brown sugar plantains, this one was the one I probably had tried.
Recipe by: Marissa (thehipkitchen.wordpress.com), but with inspiration from ^
My friends say: “Wow.”
I find this goes with: just itself
Serving size: 1-2
Can be: side dish, snack
some brown sugar
- Thinly slice plantain into quarter-inch slivers. I prefer to cut mine at an angle.
- Spray canola oil cooking spray into frying pan that’s on medium heat. Carefully place plantain slices into pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar onto plantains. Add the amount you want, but in my opinion just enough to finely sprinkle every piece. Move them around fairly frequently so the sugar does not burn.
- As one side browns, carefully flip them over to brown some on the other side.
- Serve on plate, warm, not hot.